Friday, July 17, 2009

Wooster, Oh - Day 41

Hi from Wooster, Oh,
Well, this was an interesting day – I was unable to ride this morning due to waking up with a migraine at 4:00 am – so I rode in the SAG wagon and planned to ride after it subsided some. It did subside by about 1 and then I just felt washed out and by 2 it had started to storm and many riders were caught in the rain. So, I just decided that I would continue on where I was and try to get a good night’s sleep tonight.
At one point we came upon a bridge closed – the riders were able to go through, but the vans had to go out of their way to get around. The same bridge was closed last year too.
The first Sag today was at a little church at mile 33 – we were on all back roads and beautiful country today with very few places to stop. We rode through several small towns – some of them having only one light or stop sign. Some of the town names were Frederictown, Ankenytown, and some of the road names – Bowtown, Sparta, Springdale, Bunker Hill, Heyl, and Bever.



This is Sean, our rider from England – he is usually one of our front runners (youngest in the group) and is always in the hotel long before I am even half way some days!! A super guy who is a lot of fun and I love to hear the accent!!.



This is a picture of Brian – he is the rider who always seeks out the ice cream spots the day before we enter into a town – when Emerson and McKenzie were visiting we were in a drug store after seeing Brian outside looking for his ice cream. Well, the girls couldn’t wait to look for Brian at the hotel so they could tell him they found ice cream in Walgreens. While visiting with the family by the pool, Brian rode in on his bike and the girls were anxious to give the ice cream report. Now the saddest part of this story is how much ice cream and Dessert Brian eats every day and look at him – if he turned sideways, you wouldn’t be able to see him!!!





We had some visitors at dinner tonight – this is Chris with his brother Pete and his friend Chris – I had a great chat with Pete who used to ride a bike until he crashed and is no longer able to do so. But he is quite a kidder and loves to read now.

This is John Jack and his wife Margaret – his daughter and son-in-law will ride their tandem with us until we get to Erie in two more days.



Time to sign off so I can get a good night’s sleep and be ready for another century tomorrow!!!


Today's hurrah goes to all of the brave riders who were out in the rain today riding the hills!! Good job everyone!!

Thank God for the safety, health, and energy!

3 comments:

  1. Feel like I should let you know I am still watching. Ohio was one of my least favorite places to ride , how are the car and truck drivers. I love it anyhow, couldn't help but wonder if they might have some good bike trails? Hope you are back in shape to ride today. Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. The barametric pressure change must have been working against you with the migraine. You got the headache and then it rained! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Carole....what a coincidence; I had a monster headache yesterday also. I took 7 aspirins, the most ever in even 1 week. It was a crazy day for me. We're still planning to check into your house this Friday. I will check with David. Good luck on your century runs!

    ReplyDelete