Monday, July 6, 2009

ST. Joseph, Mo - Day 30

Hi from St. Joseph again,
Today was a much needed rest day – you might wonder what we do all day – well yes, we do sleep in, but most of us are up early enough to have breakfast at the hotel. Then there is laundry, cleaning our bikes, hair cuts, post office, sight seeing, drug store, and today most of us spent some time watching the Tour de France!!! We sit there in front of the TV and just dream and marvel at the cyclists level of ability and the scenery in France.
While I was out today doing my errands, I happened to pass by a Russell Stover store – it was like a kid in a candy factory!!!! Every end cap had free samples of their chocolates!! And in the back of the store, they had an ice cream stand. I had my dish of ice cream and thoroughly enjoyed every bite!Back at the hotel one of our riders who has a broken front derailleur was improvising with rubber bands!!



Cyclists, can you imagine riding with these on your bike – we will have a fair amount of climbing tomorrow, so I sure hope this works for him. A new derailleur was to have been delivered here today, but there were complications and he won’t have it until our next rest day – poor guy!!!






At Happy Hour, we all gathered for some fun and fellowship before going different directions for dinner.


I went with Bob Horn and Chris to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Bob doesn’t have any of these in the state of Washington, so he was anxious to eat there. After dinner the two men had a serious round of checkers!!


Today's hurrah goes to my friend, Tammy, who is celebrating her birhday today!! I hope it was a good one!!

Thank God for the safety, health, and energy!

4 comments:

  1. WE are trying to see if this works from Dad and EVelyn's computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Fairfield. We had a belated meal this evening for Steve's and myself's Fathers Day. As you can understand, Judy and Steve are here tonight, going to farm tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trip, Carole! I have enjoyed your comments and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you believe I could not sleep last night as I thought of that day, and how wonderful it was. I was having the most wonderful day and we stopped a lot to visit and eat fresh tomatoes at a veggie stand and even in the hospital I just knew God was with me and I would ride again. I was so lucky to have Brain to check the bike to find out what happened,He held up the bike and pointed to my camera in the wheel as they loaded me onto the ambulance. When I saw the rolling hills from the van for days I just knew I could ride again.Enjoy the wonderful coountry and the locals. Arlene

    ReplyDelete