Monday, July 20, 2009

Erie, Pa - Rest day- Day 44

Hi again from Erie, Pa,
Wow!!! What a great rest day I had – slept in and went down to breakfast at 10 – had a huge omelet, toast, hash brown potatoes, oj, and coffee!! I spent some time on the computer this morning and washing out some shorts.


Around 1, Brian (Colleen’s brother) came and picked me up and what a wonderful relaxing day I had with his family!!! We stopped at his house to do my laundry, waited for Kim to come home, and then headed out to the Presquile Isle Lake Erie to spend the rest of the day.


The weather was super again – no humidity and in the 70’s – I’m really getting spoiled – hope it continues for at least 8 more days!! We had a picnic on the beach where I was served chicken, corn on the cob, fruit salad, broccoli salad, and…………a piece of red raspberry pie!!! It doesn’t get much better than this!! There were very few people on the beach – I did put my feet in and the water temp was about 72. The whole park is really designed for people to exercise and enjoy the outdoors. There is a great bike lane around the peninsula and a bike/paved running path too. It was just a very calming and healthy atmosphere!!!









We were joined by their son, Taylor, and a neighbor, Michael who had been cycling before we got there. We ate and had very enjoyable conversation. Brian is getting ready to do a 7 day bike tour in Wisconsin in two weeks, so we had a lot in common!!!

Later on we drove all the way around the peninsula and then stopped for another treat – vanilla/orange sherbert swirl cone!!! Once again, I really enjoyed it, but am very sad to realize that soon I am going to have to stop eating all of this food or I will blow up like a balloon!!













Today's hurrah goes out to Brian, Kim, Taylor, and Michael for making my last rest day so much fun!! Thanks Again!!

Thank God for the safety, health, and energy!

3 comments:

  1. Just thought you should know this Aunt Carole. I stopped in at the bike shop today and saw an article about the RAAM race across America. The winning male did the 3021 miles from Oceanside, CA to Atlantic City, NJ in 8 days, 5 hours, 45 minutes. The winning female was 11 days, 7 hours, and some (I think). I think you're well on track to train for this for next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Carole. Great job so far - you're almost there!!! Well, I am leaving for vacation tomorrow and won't have access to the internet. I see that on July 27 you will be in Manchester, NH - only about 30 minutes north of where I grew up - enjoy my state (: "Live Free or Die" (state motto). I think you will love Portsmouth - eat a lobster for me. I'm so proud of you, Carole (: I'll call you in August for a time to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you and Brian were able to connect and spend some time together. I can't believe the amazing weather you have been blessed with. Enjoy the final leg of your journey. What you are doing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete