Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Richmond, In - Day 39

Hi from Richmond, In.,
Well, as I have said before, every day is a new adventure!!! Today we welcome back Rick and Jim and now it seems like our little group is all together again – we missed both and are very greatful for their quite recoveries and good health!
After breakfast at the hotel, we had route rap because we had a change in the route right at the start due to construction on the road. Our hotel was located next to the Lucas Oil Stadium so, we actually ended up in downtown Indianapolis very early this morning. We joined the route again at mile 11 or so. It was an overcast morning and somewhat cool – but I was very happy!!! The prediction was for rain and sure enough that is what happened around mile 30.





Here several of us stopped for lunch at Subway. This is Rick, John, myself, Bob, and Marilyn having lunch.

After lunch it was a straight shot to Richmond on Rt 40 and no more rain – tomorrow we have a very long ride on back roads – hope I don’t get lost!!!



Here is Jim proving that he has returned and is in great shape - he actually came in 4th today!



This is Rick holding his bike on his bad collarbone proving that he is well and made it into the hotel today!

Today's hurrah goes out to Jim and Rick who returned and are doing well and delighted to be back!!

Thank God for the safety, health, and energy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Carole, We are catching up on your trip. still amazed by it all. everyone I mention it to finds it awesome. so it is really cool that I know someone accomplishing such a feat. and yes, like the doughnut guy you are impacting the thoughts of folks in a good way. thanks for the hurrah to Liz( she wanted me to let you know) and I am proud that she has you for her godmother. we are in MA visiting with Grandma and seeing some of Boston. can't believe how that time is going by- guess you really feel that way. by the way , what time do they expect you would be at the Atlantic that day- or can it be any time the 28th? Dan and Kelly hope it is a day he isn't out of town for work. well, keep up cycling - always thinking of you and love your pictures and stories along the way , this blog is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading every entry, Carole - I am so proud of you!!! Think of me as you bike through my homeland, New Hampshire! I hear lobster is only about $3/lb. up there off the boats right now...

    ReplyDelete