Thursday, July 16, 2009

Marysville, Oh- Day 40


Hi from Marysville. Oh,
It was a spectacular day today!!!! We left early this morning with a warm temperature and lots of humidity!!! At mile 2.7 we had a photo op at the Ohio state line – here I am with Leigh, Bruce, and Bob Horn.

We had a rest stop at 41.2 and then headed out again and I thought I was home – as I passed by the “Gettysburg Cemetery” and town.








At mile 66.4 in St. Paris, we stopped at a local cafĂ© that is owned and run by the major in town – they opened 3 years ago about the same time the ABB group went through and ABB has stopped there every year since. I had the best sandwich and peach/pina colada smoothie!




The day was a long one for me – 104 miles and then nephew Trever, and family came and went to dinner with me – I had a very nice dinner and visit with them and now it is late and I must go to bed. Sorry this is so short. Another 104 mile day tomorrow into Wooster!

Today's hurrah goes to Trever, Joelle, McKenzie, Emerson, and Carter who all helped me have a delightful evening!!

Thank God for the safety, health, and energy!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Carole, I just got caught up in reading your recent blogs. I can't believe how far you have come. I had to call Bob over to take a look at the roads you called 'rollers'. They looked too scary to me. They kind of reminded me of the road on the way to Carlisle. Your lucky to have a sister who bought you blueberries, they are delicious and affordable for the first time in over a year. Enjoy the rest of your ride, Kit

    ReplyDelete