Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wed., mar. 3

Hi everyone,

My day started very early with dr. showing up at 6 to pull out the drain - my night was fairly good except for dealing with the gas from the anesthesia. Finally tonight I had success with that so tonight should be a better night of sleep. I went to PT today and again, I am way to strong for me to qualify for a rehab which only leaves a nursing home. At 4 the social worker was going to find a bed and said she would be right back - it is now 8 and still haven't seen her. But, I think I will be back in GBG sometime tomorrow and will have to let you know where. I think sister Jamie might be going to transport me because of having a handicapped van. I am sure I will be exhausted after that trip and receiving 2 units of blood today.

The dr. said that the one muscle on the side of the leg is pretty well shot due to infection and he tried to pull bits of it together - I may have to walk with a cane the rest of my life and will never ride competitively again. I told him that I really didn't ride competively, but was only a recreational rider - he said I may be able to work with that, but one leg will always be stronger than the other.

For right now, we just hope that there is no more leakage and that the vancomycin will continue to keep infection under control until next surgery when new hip hardware will be put in.

I will let you know as soon as I know.
Thanks everyone!! Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment