Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mar 4, Thursday

Hi everyone,

I am in limbo here - thought I was going to GBG today, but haven't heard for sure. Surgeon says I can go - incision is doing well - no leaking and hopefully won't be again for quite a while. Dr. in early this morning - one muscle on side of leg is almost completely gone due to the infection - he tied a very few loose ends together, and can't guarantee it will hold nor regenerate - this will cause my leg to swing out to side and may have to walk with a cane. Should be able to ride recreationally eventually. But, will always have to deal with one leg being stronger than the other. Long road ahead, but 6 more wks of IV antibiotics and then 6 more wks before sugery. So guess this teaching year is done - will continue later today when I have more info.


Well, here I am back at the nursing home in gbg for 3-6 more weeks - then should be home for 6 weeks and then back to Hershey for final sugery of putting in new hardware again. Pretty emotional return, but at least the room I am in now, I have found one spot that I can get the internet - so that will help! So have to prove again that I can do self transfers before I can be a little more independent!! This is a long long struggle and am happy to have so many family and friends supporting me!!

Thanks everyone!!
Carole
Carole

1 comment:

  1. Carole, I am so sorry to hear about all of your complications. I am praying for you and for your steady recovery. Fred and I are in Florida now, but will be returning by March 15. Please email me at tchrbarb@hotmail.com if there is anything I can do for you that week or the next. I have forwarded your blog address to our GHS '66 friends, so I'm sure you willbe receiving more messages of support.

    Barb Sheads-Smith

    ReplyDelete