Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday, March 13

Hi everyone,

Good morning on a rainy Saturday morning!!! I had a good night and was up several times as usual for med. and bathroom. Saturdays are very slow at the home – no therapy – there are some things that I can do on my own and can start walking with an aide if they have time. Along with my med. Every morning I get a shot in my stomach – Lovenox which is a bridge to Coumadin (a blood thinner) – the shot isn’t too bad because it is a short needle and into my fat. I have plenty of it on my stomach so not too bad – only one more week of them and then he will switch me to a regimen of aspirin. So things are slowly looking up – Jamie brought me homemade shrimp chowder, salad, and homemade bread for dinner last night. That was really a treat!!!
Today was an incredibly busy day - my neighbor and daughter came to visit with pictures drawn by the kids and some freshly made brownies. Next Corwyn came bearing pizza (first I have had in a month) and brother Brent who shared a slice too. This was followed by nephew Bryce and Carlee bearing clean laundry, and as they were leaving in came Patti Lawson and Colin. They brought me a shramrock plant for some Irish luck!! Next was brother Gary and Kathy and while they were there nephew Matt and his girlfriend Megan. Finally nephews Michael and Tyler came in - boys are all 16 now and just got their licences as did my godchild Liz, today! Congrats Liz!!!

I hope to walk with walker tonight and then get a good night of rest!!! Enjoy the rain!! All of supporters have been appreciated and enjoyed!!
Got a nice card today from Tricia (Alicia's sister) from Wisconsin.

Thanks all for the cards, thoughts, and prayers!!
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment