Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday, March 15

Hi everyone,

I had a good night last evening and watchedd the Haiti Hit tennis fund raiser with Pete Sampras, Roger Federer, Nadal, and Andre Agassi - there were all "miced" and it was fun!!! Then I slept well - didn't wake up for IV to be removed. Had breakfast in dining room this morning - a little smoother than yesterday!!! Then down to PT which went well - I'm in much better mood today - might have something to do with sunshine after 4 days of rain. Betty Boop is coming to visit today and hopefully will take me out for a car ride. Will let you know how that goes. Bettty is nervous!!A good day today – sun is out and it is warm. Betty Boop visited and took me out for my first car ride since Feb. 11 that wasn’t to or from a hospital or medical facility!!! We stopped at Ruby Tues. and got a bite “to go” and drove to Spangler’s Spring and ate it. It was fun and beautiful!!! I had a great time, even though I am still only good for about 2 – 2 ½ hrs. at a time without laying down. Betty was really nervous until she saw how well I could get in and out of her car and then we had a great ride.
In therapy today he helped me go up a step that was about 3 in – I was really nervous and did make it, but only one time. He had to help me, but we made it. Hopefully with more practice and my walker, I should do better. I had my arms on rails that were much wider than my walker, so my arms weren’t much help to me. Endurance with my arms is up to 10 min. at a time on the pedaling machine.
Tonight for dinner, I will have homemade vegetable soup from my friend Patti. Anything to avoid the dining room!!! Sister-in-law Cyndi brought me coffee from Sheetz today – quite a treat in this decaf world I am living in!!!
I got some more cards today – I can’t tell you how much they are all helping. I realize how fortunate I am to have this much support, because many people here don’t have anyone or very few. This afternoon Bill Wilson, my sister’s father-in-law from Biglerville stopped in to visit.
Tomorrow is my care plan meeting here at the home – brother Randy will attend and I’ll let you know tomorrow how it goes!
Thanks for cards, thoughts, and prayers!!
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment