Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday, Mar. 22

Good morning,
It is a rainy Monday, but nothing will get me down today because I go to Hershey tomorrow morning for an appt. with Dr. Maish to have my sutures (35) removed and a report on my condition and where we go from here. I hope he will allow me to go home and we can work out the IV thing. There are many things to do – get a wheel chair, get RXs filled, have home approved, etc.
Had a great PT this morning – worked on how to get in and out of car using a walker so I can drive eventually. I don’t think it will be too long till I am ready to try this with someone along because I am feeling soooooo good right now. I also had to stand on a 16 in. diameter flat disc with a ball on the bottom and balance on one foot and take a hand off of walker without letting the edge of the disc touch the floor. It was a challenge, but I did ok. Only taking a Percocet before therapy and one at bedtime and other than that just using Tylenol.
Currently getting IV, Linda is bringing Subway lunch and another friend is visiting this evening. Hope my good day continues!!
OT went well this afternoon, had my hair done, signed some preliminary papers for “if” I leave on Thurs, and talked with a former rider this afternoon. All good – hope my luck continues!! Check in late tomorrow afternoon for the update from Hershey!!
Thanks for prayers, cards, and thoughts!!
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment