Friday, March 12, 2010

Thursday, Mar. 11

Hi everyone,

Well, we have up days and still a few down days – today was not one of my best, but it is ending okay. Last evening the nurses felt that my incision was hard at the upper end and wasn’t the night before – 3 nurses all felt it was okay, but different and of course my mind did all kinds of crazy things. Spent this morning with the head nurse and the “wound nurse” who both assured me the incision looks good, isn’t red, and has no drainage. In fact they removed the dressings. Then I had therapy a nd a couple of other appts. And ended the afternoon with PT – he was kinds and shared some info with me about the spacer.

This afternoon I did call Dr. Maish’s office in Hershey and ran my concerns by them – they felt all is normal and only suggested that I keep pain level even and also even out the amt of time I am sitting in wheelchair and bed throughout the day. They welcomed any other calls – such nice people up there!!!
Sister Jamie is to visit this evening and wash my hair – want to take bets on time she’ll get here??

Thanks for thoughts, cards, and prayers! Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment