Monday, June 1, 2009

Heading West







Well, I can't believe it is really here - tomorrow I close everything up and prepare to fly to California. The last week has been a challenge due to a "flare up" of my bad hip that put stress upon stress!! But, I think it is what another cyclist calls a "phantom" injury that often occurs before a big event. It has calmed down and I was able to take a couple of aerobics classes with success. Along with that after getting on my hybrid on Saturday and feeling like I was riding a Mac truck, I have enjoyed my down time. I have had lots of phone calls, e-mails, and meals with friends and family. Even my Sunday School kids came out in full force this week!! Tyler and Camryn were confirmed Sunday morning - don't know how these kids get so............old!?!?!?
Arrived in L.A. today after an uneventful plane ride except for turbulence over the state of Kansas (cyclists, go figure?!?!?). Had lunch at 3rd street Farmer's Market and am now chilling out. Picture above is yard art of lemonade being made!

My luggage came in under the alloted weight limit the first time - amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment