Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Auburn, Ca - Day 3

>Hello from Auburn!! What another absolutely beautiful spectacular day!!!! We had a great breakfast - weather was great - no humidity - 70's - sunshine and a total of 51 miles of beauty!!! We started with 33 miles on a paved bike path through the woods and farmland. The first picture is my friend Meiri and I and a local cute little lady who was walking on the bike path.



Next we found this green thing - anybody guess what it is???? Saw lots of cottonwood trees and rode by a river and beautiful scenery.

After 33 miles on the bike path, we stopped for a rest stop at Folsom Lake - we could have stayed there all day, but alas, there was a 1.4 mile climb into Auburn.

This is a picture of Meiri and I that one of our rider's thought needed to be taken.

Of course, by this time we were all hungry and found a nice little pizza place to have salad a veggie pizza. Then, we had quite a long hike up the hill to our hotel at the top of the town. We had time for hot tub, pool, and "route rap" at 5:30 before dinner at 6:30.

Route rap was tough for me because I will have to deal with some conditions I am not fond of tomorrow. 8,000 feet of climb, that I could almost deal with, but 4 miles will be without guard rails - not sure how that will go. Then a long (12 mile) and fast descent into Truckee. At this point, I have already reserved a seat in the support van for the downhill run. Stay posted and I'll let you know tomorrow evening or Thursday how I do. It will be a long day with a 5:15 am load time. So off to bed.

Today's hurrah goes to niece Megan who extended her best hospitality to me during my 3 day stay in Los Angeles prior to flying to San Francisco. She made sure that I got lots of exercise, sleep, and good food to eat!!!

Thank God for the safety, health, and energy!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Carol!
    How do we know for SURE that you actually started with your wheel in the Paciic Ocean? I have not seen any photos to support this? Please provide if available. (Remmber, one gets to think about a lot of things when one is in a student driver ed car for 10 hours/day!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you climbing and descending those hills as I go out for a run. You are an inspiration!!! Keep on going, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey CC!! Great catching up with your adventure! Looks like you are having a blast!! What a smile in those pics....This'll surprise you~I've been to that ranch!!
    Enjoy the Ride!! BB

    ReplyDelete
  4. somehow, Bobbi, that doesn't surprise me!
    And, Carole, you certainly enjoyed the ranch...what does this tell us?
    Perry, do you get two hours overtime?...and when does the school cut that program off? Please say that Michael can do it with you? You know how good I am at teaching them to drive....
    Carole can they tether you to the van going downhill? Just close your eyes and go! I envy you the weather and being outdoors all day...haven't heard any mention of a sore seat yet.../?so assume its all good! Jamie

    ReplyDelete