Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lamar, Co - Day 22

Hi from Lamar, Co,
It was a very long day today with lots of miles - 121 - a PR for me. The cue sheet was pretty simple - go East on 50 from hotel and 120 miles later go right into tonight's Best Western Cow Palace.
The scenery has changed quite a bit - no more beautiful mountains from the left and right - if I didn't know any better, I would have guessed that we were already in Kansas! Take note the picture of the grain - this is what we saw along with some corn fields for most of the day.
We had 3 rest stops - one at 37.6, 62.1 and 102.2. We also fit in a Dairy Queen stop at 85 miles!! The weather was beautiful blue sky with puffy clouds, but temps really climbed as day went on - up to 92-94 degrees and quite a bit of wind from the side. We actually had dry weather and I drank from 10-12 water bottles of water.
At mile 102, I was really close to bonking and was considering getting back into the van for the last 20 miles. But, after some encouragement from Gerrard and eating a sandwich, pack of GU, and a soda decided to give it a try. I made it, so thanks Gerrard!

The picture of no picking up hitchhikers is one I have seen several times over the past few states - not sure where all of these prisons are located!!!

We finally ended the day by passing a very large Cattle Farm where the cattle are raised and then sold for food!







Today's hurrah goes to my Sunday School kids - 2-3 year olds and the other teachers - Kelly, Jeff, Pegg, and Jamie!! We will have to get together when I get back!!

Thank God for the safety, health, and energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment