Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hollywood, CA.



Okay, so today niece Megan was quite the tour guide and we started the day with her putting me in danger by taking me on a 2 mile hike with this sign posted at the bottom of the climb.



Lots of hikers, dogs, and activity along the trail and even an outdoor yoga class being held at the bottom. You can see the view of the trail we hiked up from the top looking down! Aren't you impressed??









Can you see the Hollywood sign over my shoulder?!







At the bottom this cactus tried to attack me!!








The jacaranda tree is the one with the purple flower and is absolutely beautiful this time of year!






After this, we drove to Santa Monica for lunch and a walk along the beach and their boardwalk followed by a ride through Brentwood and Beverly Hills. See I already did my Pacific Ocean "dipping"!!

4 comments:

  1. Just a reminder you can click on the pictures to view them in a larger window.

    Also please ignore my scrunched up face in the picture of the Jacaranda Trees... thank you Aunt Carole for posting that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole,
    I hope a few rattlesnakes don't scare you off!
    I have a feeling you'll see a lot more interesting things along the way! Keep the camera handy. Ride Safe!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, This is all new to me so I hope you get this message. I was so sorry I didn't get to say good bye at school. You zipped right out and I never saw you leave. Looks like you are off to a great start. Best of luck, I'll continue to check in.
    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol,
    Good luck on the ride! We'll be monitoring throughout. Bryce graduated last night and we have last in service on Monday.

    ReplyDelete