Monday, April 20, 2009

Deep Creek Lake, Md. Training Ride



















This was a great weekend with lots of climbing - over 7000 feet total - it was a beautiful day and cool temps, but we had 10-20 mph head winds the whole day - both up and down. We left from Frostburg University and rode west on rt. 40 to 219 and down to Deep Creek Lake - we stayed the night and then rode back up to rt. 40 on Sunday where we were met by our efficient and supportive SAG crew. I am told that this is the type of riding I will see a lot of out west and this proved to be a wonderful experience for me. I was happy to be able to make it up the mountain and managed to stay upright while flying down the mountain. At one point we rode down an 11% grade and immediately dropped to 4 mph and back up a 12% grade! I guess I am happy I didn't realize the grade while I was riding!! Only 48 days until I start my Challenge!!

1 comment: