Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tues., Aug. 17

Eric and I went up for another visit with both drs. today and all in all it was a good day!
I am happy to report that I no longer have hip precautions (but will take a while to feel comfortable with this); will be going back to school for 1/2 days the first 3 wks; anemia is a little better; do not have to cover incision any more unless want to - will probably do it to go to gym to ride bike; can stop aspirin; am off of all pain med, but tylenol; am driving as of yesterday; and am allowed to fly - for those of you who would like to take me on a trip!!

I had some minor blood work issues that infectious disease dr. is working on - nothing alarming, but will take blood again this Thurs. and possibly change antibiotic is the issues continue. I have an appt. with her again on the 31st.

The PICC line will come out sometime after 9/4 and I also have to have a procedure to remove the IVC filter in my neck sometime soon. This is out patient and I may even be awake for it - not that I want to be.

In general, walking mostly with cane now; getting stomach issues somewhat under control; rode bike today for 20 min and am planning to go out every day to ride it for a while.

I am not out of the woods yet, but feel closer to the edge of the woods than I have for months! Keep praying for me and thanks to all for continued support!!

Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment