Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sat., Aug. 28

Hi everyone,

Sorry about no posts since Wed., but I have been literally wiped out since I started back to work. Thurs. was a little better than Wed., but Fri. was pretty rough again. The district was really good to me and brought a sub in for me these 3 days to help out. Still it was a big change from laying around for 8 mo.! I think I would have done much better if I hadn't had the blood infection. That has left me really dragging!
Yesterday, I was nervous again about the leg and my wonderful surgeon had me come up to clinic to see him in the afternoon. Everything was fine - he just thinks extra aches and pains were due to increased activity. In speaking with Infectious Disease, it was decided to have blood drawn again yesterday.
I spoke with surgeon this morning and all is well with my blood results - wbc good, electrolytes - good, platlets good, hemo - good, no new cultures grew, so the feeling is my exhaustion is result of blood infection. He doesn't want me to stop or curtail the 1/2 days and PT, just know that I will be tired.
I will try to post more frequently, but can't promise with my schedule.
I go to Hershey again on tues to see Infectious Disease - blood will be drawn on Mon, so they will compare them to Friday's numbers.
Thanks everyone, and have a good w/end!
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment