Friday, August 20, 2010

Fri, Aug. 20

Hi everyone,
Well, I seem to have begun to turn the corner in this next adventure. No chills or fever for 24 hrs. New antibiotics seem to be agreeing with me.
I will have a cat scan tonight to determine if everything is okay with the IVC filter in my neck. If all is well, the procedure won’t happen till Mon. morning. If there is a problem, it will come out tomorrow morning. PICC line will be put in again Sun. or Mon. So my best guess at this point is that I will be coming home Mon. night or Tues. They still think I can start ½ days of school.
I had a very pleasant surprise that really lifted my spirits this afternoon. My good friend, Nancy’s aunt Ro and Uncle Jack, walked into my hospital room. I was shocked and so surprised because I haven’t seen them for many years. They drove all the way from West Chester to visit and their son, Jimmy, visited again today. It really made me happy!!
So, another weekend in Hershey Hospital which will be long a boring – if anyone has time and would like to visit, I would be more than happy to see you. If you are coming from Gbg, please call me first because I need a couple more pieces of clothing.
Thanks everyone! Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment