Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thurs,, Aug 12

Hi everyone,

FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY!!! When I awoke in recovery from my last surgery, Queen's song "I Want to ride my bicycle" was going through my head and I took it as a sign that I will get back on the bike.

Today I took the first step by being allowed to get on the stationary bike in PT. I loved it and did very very well. We started with the seat high and then lowered it every few minutes. It felt great!!! But I do have to tell you that by the time I got off, my thumb and two fingers on right hand were numb!!!! What's up with that???? And no, my butt did not hurt!! Imagine that!!!

Other than this excitement, I am still dealing with some stomach issues with my med, but it is improving slightly. Not sure that a big part of it isn't stress!!!

Spent 4 hrs. in my classroom yesterday and plan to go back next wk one day to do the rest of it. Not sure of particulars from returning to school yet because I didn't have much time to speak with dr. yesterday.

Thanks for continued prayers!!
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment