Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thurs., Aug 19

Hi everyone,
I am e-mailing from Hershey Hospital once again!!!! Was here Tues. for check-ups and both dr. said I looked good. Went to bed that night feeling fine and woke up at midnight with major chills followed by fever of up to 102. I called Hershey and spoke with the resident who told me to take Tylenol and come in if fever spiked again. ID (Infectious Disease) ordered blood work drawn yesterday afternoon – Hershey got preliminary reports this morning and one of the cultures had grown. ID called me and told me to come into ER right away. Cyndi drove me up and I had another major chill attack on the way up and later found out that Cyndi was afraid I was going to seizure. I told her in Dillsburg that if I passed out, she should just pull over and call the ambulance – so you know I wasn’t feeling well at all!! I have a blood infection that was caught early and is being treated aggressively through IV. At this point the thinking is that it came in through my picc line and is not related to my hip but if not treated, could affect hip. My PICC line has been pulled and I currently have IV in for new antibiotics and fluids.
I will be here for a couple of days until things stabilize and then home again with another PICC line. Still should be able to go back to school but probably not until the end of the wk.
So at the risk of sounding like a broken record, keep the prayers and support coming.
Thanks, Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment