Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday, Aug 22

Hi everyone,
It is a dreary rainy Sunday morning today. I had a fairly good day yesterday. Was surprised by visit from brother, Brent, after he refereed a soccer game in this area. This was followed by visit from Bobbi and a friend. I did walk to first floor and sit in cafeteria for hour or so. I also took a shower yesterday for the first.
Lots of confusion about removal of filter from neck – at this point, not sure it will happen at this visit – different medical departments are disagreeing over it. My platelet and wbc count were up slightly yesterday which is a good sign, but still no identification of bacteria – will take at least 5 days. Not sure what this means for discharge, but I won’t be allowed to leave until I am stabilized. Also not sure what this does to return to work. I’m still hoping for the best, but don’t want to be home until we have something more definite.
So if you get a chance, come on up – would love to see you and might even visit on first floor. Thanks to Beth for getting me a “free teacher gift” for me from Staples!
I don’t expect much more news today because not a whole lot happens here on the weekends unless an emergency. Keep prayers and support coming!
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment