Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday, June 6

Hi everyone,

First night in regular room went well, but I forgot about all of the interuptions!! I was really lucky because I had the same nurse that I had in March and I really like her!! This morning the same sweet nurse's aid(as in March) walked in and is going to make my day pleasant. She will even wash my hair for me today.

I will be coming home tomorrow and the best news this morning is that my blood sugar has straightened out and I shouldn't need any insulin today. Plan to watch the French Open, sleep, and just heal!!! I have been able to keep pain under control this time - dr. was in yesterday and gave me his cell because he is going to a conference tomorrow for the week.

So news is all good now - will have therapy twice today - walked down to main desk on the floor yesterday from half way down the hall. It is tough learning to walk again after hopping for 12 wks. Can put 30 pounds of weight on foot - flat - so nice to have them the same length!!!

Am listening to a church service right now. Have a good day everyone!

Thanks for prayers and support!
Carole

3 comments:

  1. How do you walk wityhout putting weight on foot? How do you decide which 30 pounds to put on foot??????
    Sister Judy, what calls am I supposed to return????? Never got them I thought about calling you now, but its 1 am, home from work an hour ago... would that be alright?..guess I'll be seeing you real soon, and we can have stuffed mushrooms and wine!
    Carole, glad you had a restful day, and that you are moving right along, will talk to you tomorrow if you are home before I go to work, JaMIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Carole, So good you are on the way to recovery. Would you like me to work on some behavioral modification like take a letter off of the phrase "hop along" until you are back on two feet with full weight! Sorry, all that is on my brain, due to testing in the AM. Wish me luck! As for sister Jamie, tell her I have left several messages on her home phone and also asked Eric to give me your cell phone number. Oh well, we will just call her "Olive" Looking forward to seeing your progress on thursday. Hope you get moved home today. I know it will be exhausting. Keep up the good spirits. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also tell Jamie that I was up at 4:30 studying that day and could have talked to her then after she had 3 1/2 hours of sleep.

    ReplyDelete