Friday, June 4, 2010

June 4, Friday

Hi everyone,

Well things are looking up a little bit now - I am still in ICU, but only because they don't have a bed for me on the main floor. I had 2 units of blood and that has really helped me to feel better and have more energy. I think I will be home tomorrow or Sunday - my leg is sore, but dr. feels that all is well - no signs of infection and there is scar tissue which means the muscle still has healing power. I had radiation of the bone spur section today so bone spurs don't grow into one big block of bone that wouldn't work at all.

I will update again tomorrow!!

Thanks everyone!
Carole

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning! Hope you had a restful night. Your blog yesterday made a whole lot more sense. You must be feeling better. Ethan and I did part of the 400 mile yard sale yesterday. Looking for a refrigerator for his dorm room. Found one for $5.00. What a bargain hunter he is. He is quite funny when he yard sales. Must have a little bit of Uncle Kirby and Aunt Jamie in him. It has been hot and huuuumid for the past few days. Tried to work in the yard yesterday evening and at 7:00, sweat just dripped off of me. Hope you get into a room today or find yourself heading home. Maybe will talk to you later today. I will be in and out running some errands. I found a recipe for stuffed portabellas with crabmeat. I will bring it along and maybe we can try it out. Emily is doing well at PAPA JOhn's. Is beginning to learn to slap dough. Also has gotten 3 jobs so far to substitute piano playing at churches. She will also be working as church secretary in July while secretary takes 3 week vacation. Glad someone is getting paid to work around here. Ethan had landscaping job this past week, got cancelled and will leave on Monday to work in Indiana for a few days. Steve still checking out possibilities. Looking at possibly freelancing flight instruction, where he goes to peoples towns and spends a solid week or however long it takes to teach lesson. Could prove interesting. June 30th is his last day at Russellville, so very upset with the way they are treating him. May be selling some or all of planes depending on how things go. OH what fun!!!! Hope you have a good day and things continue to look up for you. Chat later! Judy

    ReplyDelete