Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sat., June 12

Hi everyone,

Made a trip to Hershey yesterday - dr. took off all but 4 sterile strips over the incision. Is pleased with incision - yeah!!!! Showed me the x-ray of femur break - is placing me on a protein drink - and will start PT this week for broken femur - it was a good day for me stamina wise and the best I have felt yet since coming home on Monday.
-
Sister Judy is here and I have her running all over the house to take care of me - I'm gaining movement in my leg and walking with the walker stronger every day. Am able to do a lot more for myself than I was at the beginning of the week.

Family has been with me night and day and I do appreciate and thank all who have given of their time - Dad and Evelyn have been running the grocery runs and NP Joanne has been giving me the shot in the belly every morning!

I am still fooling with the blood sugar and pain meds but do feel better now than I ever did after any of the other surgeries just tired.

World Cup Soccer this afternoon; Tour de France July 3rd; and am following blogs from this year's Cross Country challenge. Hope all are well and keep the prayers coming!!!

Thanks, Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment