Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wed, july 28

Hi everyone,

I am now home again and hoping this was the last. The outcome was superficial staph again and this time instead of aspirating the hip he continued straight through good tissue to steel rod by femur. At this point seems to be clean. However there is a chance bacteria is hiding. Plan at the moment is 6 wks of IV antibiotics along with an a very strong oral antibiotic. As soon as this ends, we will move right to suppression therapy orally and buy as many years as we can that way until my body can't tolerate the antibiotics any more.

At this point, I am just praying that this works and still plan to return to school on time. No PT this wk, just home exercises and start back up MOn. Should be able to get on bike then, assuming that I haven't lost too much bend in my knee this week.

Thanks everyone for the support - I am trying to stay strong!!
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment