Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday, July 26

Good morning all,

I had a good night's sleep and feel a lot better today with the rest. I have had breakfast and am waiting for a PICC line today and also the cultures to be developed and then I will be discharged late this evening or tomorrow - if all can be arranged and my new meds can be scheduled and delivered so I don't miss a dose.

This was a very similar surgery to 3 wks ago - the difference is that they went in the same opening and found it to be superficial again - but then he continued straight in all the way to the metal rod - even through good tissue and took samples. Surgeon is calling this a whimpy bacteria and we will have some decisions to make about long term treatment.

Thanks again for support - prayer lists - concern - phone calls, etc. All continue to help me get through this ordeal. Oh and I now have a corneal abrasion as a result of surgery and came out feeling like Capt. Hook with a bum leg and a patch over my eye - it was mentioned that all I needed was a "parrot" for my shoulder!!

Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment