Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday, July 25

Good morning,

Woke up Sat. morning and found drainage on dressing, so called dr. and he had me go to ER - this experience went better than the last time.
I am in the hospital again and underwent surgery #7 last night at 7:30 – at this point I haven’t spoken to my dr. but have talked to his residents. It was again a superficial infection – deeper samples were taken but appear to be clean. I’m not sure what the treatment will be, but I will have a PICC line again – prior to surgery, dr. suspected this was deep and had been missed by previous surgeon 3 wks ago when my dr. was on the hospital. Prior to surgery he told me 6 wks of PICC and not sure if that will be the case again or not. Nonetheless, I should be home sometime Tues. barring no other issues crop up.
I pretty much had a sleepless night, but they did let me eat a turkey sandwich prior to trying to sleep – lots of people in through the night.
Oh, and I have a corneal abrasion that happened sometime during surgery probably because I was laying on that side – so had a patch over one eye – notw just doing drops and ointment.
Thanks all for your prayers and support.
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment