Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thurs., July 15

Hi everyone,

Well, I have finally come down off of the high from Tues., but am still doing very well. I did go to PT yesterday, but we didn't get on the bike because he wants me to have 110 degree bend and I only have 90. Maybe next wk - but, we did put wheels on the walker and tennis balls and I did learn how to do steps. I even went up the flight in my house, but won't do that again for a while because coming down was very scary. I have some more stretches to do for my knee.

It really feels weird to walk on both legs again - of course, my left is very weak so tomorrow we will start some strength training work to build it back up. Tonight the big accomplishment was to put the walker in the back seat of the car and hold onto the car to get in the front all by myself. So, soon as I get off of this pain med, I should be able to drive - probably a couple of weeks yet!!

I am feeling well again and will be sad tomorrow when my sister and brother-in-law leave for Kentucky. She has been a big help this week and has spoiled me again.

Thanks again for the support!!!
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment