Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13, Tues.

Hi everyone!!!

This has been the best day for me since Jan. 21!!! I had an appt. in Hershey and have gotten a lot of good news and am on cloud 9! First of all, I am able to do 100% weight bearing and eventually wean from the walker to the cane – it will take a couple of weeks. The broken femur has mended! The PICC line is out of my arm and not taking any antibiotics at this point. I start the exercise bike tomorrow – this will be grueling, but I can’t wait to start! I can ride the bike everyday if I want and can take it!
Neither my surgeon nor the Head of the Infectious Disease Dept. feel that this is an immune system problem – basically just a string of bad luck. I am able to stop taking iron, but should continue the Boost drink. I still need to keep last incision covered for a while so we don’t have any rubbing or repeat staph infections. I am to continue pain med., so can’t drive yet, but he wants me able to deal with the pain and be comfortable.
All in all, I am very very happy tonight and look forward to next step. I want to thank everyone for the many phone calls, visits, cards, and support. I will continue to update and will talk to each of you soon!!!
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment