Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wed., May 26

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update – Yesterday I was at Hershey for final appt. before surgery one week from today. It was a long, but productive day. Met with both drs. and providing nothing goes wrong, I can come home after 3 days – so, should be home by Fri or Sat. This was wonderful news because one of my main concerns was that I would have to go into nursing home again. I was really dreading it, but Dr. Maish has done very well for me so far, so I think I can take his word for it. My family will be manning me round the clock until June 10 when my sister from Ky comes to stay until June 24.
Extra x-rays were taken all the way down to my knee and I had a CT scan done on my legs to check for blood clots and there were none – that made me very happy!!!! Now I am praying that the new hardware will knit to my pelvis and I can start the final mending stage of this ordeal.
Friends, I will try to update this as soon as possible after surgery – you may call or e-mail me, but probably shouldn’t visit until sometime after June 10. I would love for you to stop by, but would suggest calling first until I see how much energy I have. If I do better than I think, I will let you know.
Thanks again for all of the prayers, support, and cards!!! It is amazing and humbling to see and hear how many people are actually rooting for me.
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment