Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday, May 14

Hi everyone,

Well my brother and I made my trip to Hershey leaving at 6 this morning and returning around3:30 this afternoon. It was a very busy day beginning with the "hip replacement class"; followed by the PT, OT, anesthesiologist; blood work; anesthesiologist - one on one; urinalysis; EKG etc.

Unfortunately, at this point I don't have any news either way and problaby won't before the beginning of the week. I will contact the resident dr. tomorrow and request an update on the blood work. However, I do want to comment on how differently Hershey does things from GBG - they won't take my own blood; they allowed me to pee in a cup as opposed to a "stray cath"; they are saying 95% of people will go home in 3 days; will use a "nerve block" not an epidural for the surgery; do not use coumadin, but rather "lovenox shots" in the belly for 3 wks and then 3 wks of aspirin; and I can't remember what else.

Anyway, I am really hoping to be able to come home, but will call the social worker next week to discuss this with her. I would love to think that I am coming home, but am also looking forward to my sister visiting with me when I do come home again.

I will continue to keep you updated as I have info.

Thanks for prayers, cards, and support!! Still need people around me the next 2 + weeks!
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment