Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wed. Feb 24

Hi everyone,

Lots of news today - IV times changed to 8:30 am and pm. Insurance wants me out of here by Mar. 8th and down to one drip/day - dr. won't approve the drip/day, but met with him today and staples still in until next Wed. However, we have started the procedure for contacting the next surgeon - starting with dr. in Hershey and if not happy then to dr. in lancaster who used to be in Hershey and now has private practice and only deals with difficult situations.

Lots of company today - am almost ready to do self transfers especially after waiting for 50 min. tonight to be watched doing the transfer from bed to wheelchair - will come home with walker and wheelchair and home health care once/day. Will have MRI on Friday to check soft tissue and healing in the joint.

Feeling pretty good - nepehew David sitting here with me this evening helping me to remain calm while waiting for nurse.

Hope all are well!
Carole

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're posting updates on your blog, an easy way for us to keep track of your progress. Amos and I have been thinking of you! Sending good thoughts your way. Stay Positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read all of your updates. Keep them coming. Glad everyone is keeping you company! If you get them to put skype on your computer (David should know how) we can video chat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure 'skype' calls are just between mutual skypers, or there will be CHARGES!, from what I read months ago. Skype sounds like a great feature, but I never got around to it.
    Carole, I didn't realize you were having such complications...I just started reading your blog, so I am only on 2nd day (Feb. 25, 24).
    Best Wishes,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete