Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday, Feb. 27

Hi everyone,

I had a great day here today - lots of relaxation and rest - really nice to have own room and everyone here is so kind and gentle and helpful!!! My surgeon stopped by and spent 20-25 min. with me and he feels confident that he can dry up this wound. He wants to go in and clean it out only because he didn't clean it out in the first place - he doesn't want to trust someone else's work!! He feels sure that he can get an antibiotic spacer in and antibiotic glue at the top of the femur. The advantage of the spacer besides the antibiotic is that it will keep the length of my leg closer to the other one. His job is to dry up wounds and he is confident that this will happen - even offered to show me pictures of wounds he has dealt with before - I didn't opt to look at them!!!
I walked with the OT today and shortly afterward had another leak - but dr. isn't worried and doesn't care if it leaks 8-10 more times before Mond. - he will put a drain in for 2 days and then pull it out and I shouldn't have any more leakage. Currently he has stopped antibiotics for 3 days so that he can culture and identify the infection because still all tests are showing up as clean. I also walked with PT and did some exercises today.
Tomorrow is another day of rest and then late on Monday I will have my next surgery - so may not be back on here until Tues or Wed.

Thanks all for prayers and thoughts!
Carole

3 comments:

  1. Carole it's good to see you're so upbeat! Sounds like you have an amazing surgeon for this next step. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane has been keeping us aware of you progress! Keep on with that great spirit and I am thinking of you!
    Linda Fauth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey CC!!
    Glad to hear you had a great day....Stay strong! Thinking of you!
    bb

    ReplyDelete