Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday, Feb 21

Hello to all,

I know it has been a long time since I posted, but I have had a fairly rocky road and it is now starting to smooth out. Feb. 11, I had two sugeries resulting in the removal of the hip joint and now the need for rest and recovery in preparation for the next sugery. I am currently in the Gettysburg Lutheran Nursing Home, 1075 Old Harrisburg Rd., Gettysburg, Pa. 17325. I am receiving therapy all morning and have started walking with my walker (hopping) and doing upper body strength activities. I should be here for 5 more weeks receiving IV antibiotics twice a day. This has relieved the pressures on my family and actually I am fairly relaxed here - cafeteria food and all - certainly not where I want to be any longer than I have to, but at least I am getting the care I need. We are in the process of doing research for the next surgeon who will most likely be in Hershey, Lancaster, or Baltimore. I have received several recommendations and am considering options.
I had a little hiccup again this weekend with another leak from the incision and thought I was going back to ER - however, they were able to stop it and keep me here - they keep telling me better in than out and that this should subside. It was a strain on me emotionally, but I am feeling well today.

I have had lots of cards, phone calls, and visitors - very busy weekend with Coach Bob and wife coming up from DC and all kinds of family including puppy dog "Mugzy". I want to thank all who have sent cards - have not had time to respond, but each have a place in my room - I am going to try to post here frequently so all can check my progress. We are still working on getting Internet for my laptop in my room - they don't even have phones in the rooms here - guess "oldsters" don't need them, but several family members have spent many hours trying toget me hooked up.

I'll try to add more tomorrow - so you can tell people to check my blog from ride this summer for updates.

Thanks again, Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment