Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday, Feb. 26

Hi everyone,

Major change today!!! Received a call from Hershey Medical Ctr doc. yesterday afternoon about 4:45 and instead of seeing them Mar. 5, they wanted me here this morning at 9:30. This was quite unnerving to me and I had a sleepless night. Brother Eric was a trooper and brought me up here this morning on bad weather and rough roads.
I can't say enough about this place - they x-rayed me and I met with a resident who was very thorough and then brought in Dr. Maish. Dr. Maish basically minced no words and said he wanted me admitted to Hershey today - didn't like the appearance of the incision and said there is no reason for drainage still to be occurring Wthis long after surgery. Spent 2-3 hours waiting for a room and was finally admitted and had a minor procedure this afternoon where they put a filter in my jugular to catch any blood clots coming from my legs.
Will spend the w/end resting and being observed and am facing another surgery sometime Monday afternoon. Dr. Maish wants to up incision and thorougly clean and place a antibiotic spacer in the hip. This will help with the lengthening of my leg too. This will be followed by 6 wks of IV antibiotics and then another surgery followed by nursing home/home/or rehab center.

Keep the prayers coming and I will update again tomorrow. I am in rm 4222 and my phone #717-531-6477.
Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment