Thursday, February 18, 2010

Surgeries

Hi everyone,

I was trying to do e-mails with little luck, so will give brief update here and continue for a while.
I had hip replacement surgery on Jan. 21 and was doing well at home until Feb. 11 when it dislocated and I had two more surgeries on that day - currently I am in a nursing home and have no hip bones at all. They are doing IV antibiotics and will be for 6 weeks and then one and maybe two more reconstructive surgeries. All is a bit more than I bargained for, but am told that I still should be able to ride but in a year now instead of several months. I am trying to stay upbeat and was able to go 30 ft hopping on my walker today for the first. I'm very tired and will add more soon.
Thanks for all of your thought and prayers!!
CArole

1 comment:

  1. Carol: Hope you heal quickly and are back in the saddle soon! Hang in there and I'm sending positive wishes from Seattle. Leigh

    ReplyDelete