Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tues., Sep 7

Hi everyone,

Sorry to have taken so long to post this. What a beautiful weekend we had and I thoroughly enjoyed it with family and friends.
Today I went to Hershey to have my PICC line out and see the infectious disease dr. My blood numbers were good - my one infection/inflammation is still a little high, but it came down 14 pts from last week and should be good within another week. I started the oral antibiotic tonight and hope that I can tolerate it for a long time - if I have trouble with side effects, there are several others we can try. My blood will be tested in 3-4 wks again before I go up to see both drs. again.

On the 23rd I will go to Hershey again to have the filter removed from my neck. This is more extensive of a procedure than putting it in was and does require anesthesia. When they put it in, I was awake and only had my neck numbed.
The visit should last a total of about 4-6 hrs. from arrival till I leave. I am scheduled to be done at 10 am.

So keep the prayers coming as I truly believe I am benefitting from all of them. I am slowly feeling stronger and starting to regain my appetite and eating now because I want to and not just because I know that I have to. I am continuing 1/2 days for at least 2 more wks and perhaps longer depending how it goes.

thanks again, Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment