Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!! Nov. 24

3wks ago
I had a fairly emotional, but good week. Tuesday I had to vote and my poll is located in the nursing home I was in. I tried to visit the physical therapists who are no longer there; voted; and then went to the floor where my room was located. I saw a couple of nurses I remembered and my 95 yr. old roommate. All of this was very quickly done, but it was hard and I made it through. That evening I spoke with a 79 yr. old patient who has been on suppression therapy for 15 yrs. It was helpful, but still emotional.

Thursday I went to PT and then asked if I could do spin bike yet – he said yes. So I left there and went to my gym and told them. I went into the spin room by myself to see how riding would go and it went fine, except it made me cry. I was sitting there with tears of joy running down my face when the instructor for the evening came in. It was really good to see him – they even left “my bike” sit where it was before this ordeal!!! I only pedaled for 10-15 min. cause I had already one 25 at therapy. Hopefully next week I might be able to take a class.

This means I have to get cleats put on my new riding shoes that I bought last Oct. and haven’t been able to use yet. I have had one of them sitting in my family room for inspiration for many months!!


Nov 14-21
I did it - my first spin class!! Wore my clips and was even able to stand and ride - didn't do the class with the intensity of everyone else, but it is a beginning!! I loved it and didn't feel too badly the next day!!





Nov. 20-24
Picture is of a group of fellow cyclists and I after they did a ride on Sat. It was really good to have lunch with them - did a lot for my morale and inspiration!!! Can't wait to get back to riding my bike again!!

Did another spin class last night - went well and getting stronger.

I hope all have a great Thanksgiving holiday - I have soooooooooooo much to be thankful for!!!!

Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment