Tuesday, November 2, 2010

First group ride!!!??!?!?





Another busy and eventful week!! Still making the baby steps and getting there. I moved the hill climb to level 5 on the stationary at PT. I also started doing steps by alternating both legs instead of taking one step at a time – still slow, but can do it and they want me to practice daily since they weren’t sure that I would ever be able to do it.

First group ride outside yesterday – brothers Gary and Brent and we did 6 MILES in the wind!!! And I had my first confrontation with a dog again – not to panic though – he was very old and very big and could hardly muster up a bark. But, nonetheless, he came out on the road and the boys put me between them. I used my most authoritative voice and yelled “GO HOME” and he did. Not only that, but didn’t bother to come out when we rode back past him. Gary said that was probably the dog’s highlight of the day and no energy to do it again!

Bloodwork last week was good with kidney function still not quite where it should be, but it is no worse than my base line numbers. So, as of now, they are not going to change the antibiotic!!

Thanks again for the support!
Carole

1 comment: