Monday, March 9, 2009
















Over the past two years I have been working with three coaches to prepare for this adventure. Coach Arlene completed her Cross Country Ride in the summer of 2007 at the age of 67! I knew that I had to contact her and ask for her perspective on the ride - we have become great friends in the past two years. Arlene is from Alabama, far away from Pennsylvania, but is very straight forward and supportive when answering questions, any time I need it during my training. She has been my super hero and the inspiration for my own challenge. Arlene told me early on that she lived by the three "ps" while training and completing her ride - prayer, practice, and perseverence. I have found myself focusing on all three items over the past year. I only hope that I will be able to make her proud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment