Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Coach Dave




March 18,2009





Dave Moore is the man from my home town of Gettysburg, Pa who rode the Cross Country Challenge with America by Bicycle in the summer of 2007. I contacted him upon his return home wondering if he thought I could do the ride. He thought I could and encouraged me to pursue my interest. Dave has cycled many hours and miles with me the past two years. Last summer, we did a week long ride on the Natchez Trace Parkway with Coach Arlene and friends as a result of Dave's immediate reaction, "let's do it", when told Arlene wanted to ride the Parkway. That trip was a test for me to see how I would fair on back to back long days. I did okay and this only encouraged me more to attempt my own Cross Country Challenge. Dave will be joining me this summer of the first leg of my trip - riding from San Francisco and arriving in Salt Lake City eleven days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment